Thursday, October 13, 2011

superman cookies


To go along with the Superman cake that I made for my son Matthew's 4th birthday, I made Superman cookies to include with the party favors.  Originally I was going to just do letter cookies ("M" for Matthew) as well as a Superman logo piped onto a round cookie, but my husband offered to make me a custom Superman logo shaped cookie cutter, and of course I couldn't refuse!


Once the cookie cutter was ready (it took him about 5 minutes to make this one!), I made my favorite homemade sugar cookie recipe and cut out my Superman logo cookies.  After the cookies had baked and cooled, I piped the Superman logo detail in black royal icing, and the filled it in with red and yellow royal icing.



I also made the originally planned round cookies with the Superman logo piped on top, which was inspired by Matthew's favorite Superman t-shirt.


Matthew loved the cookies, and I hope everyone else at the party did too!



17 comments:

  1. These are so cute. Good work! Your son looks very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alida - thank you! :) and yes my son was very excited about the cookies!

      Delete
  2. Great looking cookies! You are so lucky to have a husband that can make you cookie cutters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous - thank you! yes i do love that he can make cookie cutters for me :)

      Delete
  3. Those are incredible. You are SO talented! I'm just floored by these....

    Yay for hubby and your son is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing!! I love them! I will have to see if the metals teacher at work will make me a cutter like that!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lo-mo - thank you! oh thats a great idea, i'm sure the metals teached could easily make one for you!!!

      Delete
  5. I <3 Superman! I'm jealous of your son! I want Superman cookies :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply amazing... I love these cookies. You are so talented, I can't believe the artistry of your creations. This blog is fantastic, I'm so glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @LifeAmongPirates.com - aw, thank you SO much! i'm so glad you found the blog as well! :)

      Delete
    2. How did you make the "S" so uniform across all the cookies?

      Delete
  7. Can your hubby pleeeeaaaase contribute a post of how he makes those cookie cutters with the copper sheet!!! Pleeeeeasssse!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super-cute. (I didn't intend that weak pun there but there you go.)I've pinned this for later reference. I will definitely have to make these!

    ReplyDelete