Sunday, April 3, 2016

winter snowflake hello kitty birthday cupcakes


For my daughter's 6th birthday a few months ago, we went with a winter/snowflake theme, since her birthday is in December, plus she's still really into Frozen right now! We had a small gathering to celebrate, to which she invited a handful of her best friends, and I ended up making her a Tokidoki Yuki Unicorno winter birthday cake, as well as snowflake cookies for the favors. So to stick with the theme, for her Kindergarten class celebration at school, I decided to make Hello Kitty snowflake cupcakes!

I started with a moist chocolate cupcake (recipe in my book, The Hello Kitty Baking Book), and topped it with a cream cheese frosting (recipe also in my book!), which I tinted blue and then used a basketweave tip to pipe my basketweave design (there is also a basketweave tutorial also in my book, but you can also find other basketweave examples throughout the blog).


Then I used white frosting to pipe Hello Kitty on top of each cupcake, along with black eyes and whiskers, a yellow nose, and for each bow I used two heart-shaped confetti sprinkles. (For more examples, see links here, here, here, and here. And this link for the first and original cupcakes that I made!)


And for the final touch I added a few snowflake sprinkles! (I got mine at Target, but you can also find them here).


The cupcakes turned out moist, minty and chocolately, and not too sweet!



One of the kids even thought it was the sprinkles that tasted minty :)


Miss Melodie loved her cupcakes, and I loved watching her eat them with her classmates!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment