Sunday, February 3, 2019

succulent floral wreath cake


In continuing my obsession with making wreath cakes, I made a succulent version for my best friend Sue's birthday last March. And because when we were in high school, our favorite cake was always a mocha cake that my mom used to get for me, I decided to make her another coffee chiffon cake!


I started by baking my coffee chiffon in four 6-inch cake pans, and once they were cooled I filled them with espresso whipped cream. Then I covered the tops and sides of the cake with (non-espresso) whipped cream.



After smoothing it out with an offset spatula, I piped a ring on the top of the cake, as a way to prop up my pre-made buttercream succulent flowers. (You can read more on how I pipe my buttercream flowers here!)


Then I added the succulent flowers one by one, and filled in the gaps by piping buttercream leaves.







I thought it turned out rather pretty! Especially since I love succulents!






We celebrated her birthday by going out for hot pot, which was so much fun and so delicious!


Happy Birthday Sue!




Stay tuned to see what I ended up making for her this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment