Sunday, May 22, 2011

triple chocolate mousse cake for angie and yvonne


My cousin Angie flew in from Chicago last weekend, specifically to run in Bay to Breakers with a group of friends.  My other cousin Yvonne planned to run in it as well.  So on Angie's first evening in town, we all had dinner at my house.  For dessert, I made a triple chocolate mousse cake - a 6-inch version of the individual triple chocolate mousse cakes I made a few months ago.


The bottom layer was a moist chocolate cake (I again used my favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe instead of the flourless chocolate cake recipe from ATK), the middle layer was a bittersweet chocolate mousse, and the top layer was a white chocolate mousse.  Then I piped on a good luck message in melted chocolate.



After I unmolded my mousse cake, the top edge was really wonky and uneven.  So I thought I would pipe on a nice shell border (to hide the wonkyness).  But, it only made the cake more ugly (sigh).  I had the urge to pipe a shell border on the bottom of the cake to even it out, but I resisted, as I have messed up cakes in the past by continuing to add things such as this.


In the end, the cake tasted great, and that's all that matters, right? :)


Hope you enjoyed it Angie and Yvonne!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Your blog is amazing and everything you make looks so tasty! I have yet to put aside some time and try some of them out! I love following your blog and as such i have nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. WHen you have a moment, head over to my blog under the post of the same name to see the details! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with you, and think the piped border looks great!! It was probably a good idea not to add a lower border at the bottom. It is beautiful, as well as your chocolate piping!! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete