Friday, December 14, 2012

my first wedding dessert table!

I'm so excited to finally reveal (in full) the wedding dessert table that I worked so hard on a couple of months ago!  Cherish, the bride, was such a joy to work with, and is seriously one of the sweetest and thoughtful people I have ever met!  She had envisioned a classic rustic wedding, and handmade many of the wedding details, down to the paper doily flower chandelier that hung above the dessert table.  Her wedding color scheme was greens and blues, so when I arrived the dessert table was laid out with a bright blue tablecloth, ready for me to decorate with goodies!

First up were my Hello Kitty macarons.  I decided to display these in gallon-sized giant glass jars so that we could see all the cute Hello Kitty faces peeking out, and also so that they would also stay fresh in the contained jars.




Next up were the potted plant chocolate puddings.  I had decided to display them on either side of the dessert table - one one side of the table they would be stacked on a two-tiered ruffled cake stand, and on the other side of the table I used a single tier white milk glass cake stand.




Next came football-shaped and tooth-shaped cookies, which I displayed on four long white rectangular platters, side by side.




And finally the mini s'mores cupcakes, which I served on a white square three-tiered pedestal cake stand, right in the center of the table.



To sum it all up, here is my initial sketch of what the dessert table setup would look like:


And this is how the dessert table ended up!


This was seriously one of the funnest and coolest things that I have ever taken part in, and I'm so glad that Cherish asked me to do it!  Thank you, Cherish!

And now, a few images from Cherish's classic rustic dream wedding!






Congratulations, Cherish and Steven!

27 comments:

  1. Congrats, what a beautiful table! Love the potted plant dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sandra Lee - aww, thank you! :) the potted plant pudding was one of my favs too :)

      Delete
  2. You did a great job. The hello kitty macaroons look perfect in the jars. The potted plants were also a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks beautiful Sandra. i absolutely love those hello kitty macaroons (gasp!). im planning a hello kitty party for my daughter and will have to order some from you for her dessert table <3 love love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @The Petite Soiree - thank you! so glad you like the hello kitty macarons! if you are in the SF bay area you can order at any time!

      Delete
  4. Everything is so cute and I especially love the potted plant dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW..this is so pretty. Everything looks fantastic.
    Uh oh....your word verification is ON....just sayin'...;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely and fun dessert table! I especially love seeing your sketch of it...so cute! :)

    http://littlerandomhappiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get over how gorgeous these photos are. Wow...this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Shut Up and Cook - thank you for the lovely comment! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow - I just found your blog searching for pig cookies (your bikini pigs are sooo cute ;-)
    And I have to say this desert table is absolutely awesome!! Although I´m not a Hello Kitty fan - those are the cutest Kittys I´ve ever seen.

    And I´m a sketch it first girl, too!

    All the best from Austria
    Catrin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @lovelife - thank you! and i'm so glad you found my blog! :)

      Delete
  9. Absolutely Stunning! The hello kitty macaroons are amazing. I love your sketch of the design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Sandra! This is an amazing post and an amazing table! Wow, you did an incredible job with this. I love everything about it! Those hello kitty macrons are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @The Café Sucré Farine - i'm not sure who Sandra is (i'm michele!), but thank you for the lovely comments! :)

      Delete
  11. Wow, this looks absolutely fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful table. May I ask where you got the stackable cake stands from? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty nice desert table , it look like the rajasthan Desert Wedding party, i have seen once in jaisalmer and recommend all of u .

    ReplyDelete