Wednesday, November 28, 2012

football cookies and tooth cookies


Along with the Hello Kitty macarons and potted plant chocolate puddings that I made for Cherish's wedding dessert table, I also made sugar cookies decorated with royal icing.  Since her groom loves football, she asked for football shaped cookies.  And she also asked for tooth shaped cookies, since she is a dental student!  She even sent football-shaped and tooth-shaped cookie cutters for me to use!  This bride thinks of everything!


Since I was making 75+ cookies total (I always make extra to allow for mess-ups!), I ended up making 3 batches of cookie dough, and 2 batches of royal icing.


After the cookies were baked and cooled, I started on the decorating.  For the football cookies, I first outlined my football by piping with brown stiff icing, and then filled it in with brown runny icing.  I let that dry for a few hours, and then used white royal icing to pipe the football laces on.


For the tooth cookies it was a similar process - I first piped an outline with white stiff icing, and then filled it in with white runny icing.


Once that was dry, I piped an additional white outline to finish it off.


And on the dessert table, I displayed the cookies on long white rectangular platters side by side.


Stay tuned for the next post on the last of the dessert table goodies!


8 comments:

  1. Once again, you are amazing with your decorations! Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love the high quality pictures and the extremely clean and neat appearance of your blog :) if you don't mind sharing, what camera do you use?

    i've only done one recipe post so far but i'm so excited to do my next one soon. recipe posts are the most fun! :)
    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Emily - thank you so much! i use a combination of a Nikon D70S and a Nikon D7000. good luck on your new blog, you'll see that it's so much fun! :)

      Delete
  3. amazing blog! everything is soooooo cool and sweet, love it!!!! i have added you to the favourites on my blog ;)
    i am your newest follower
    Martina

    PS. there is a giveaway on my blog, don´t forget to enter: http://homesweetbakery.blogspot.it/2012/11/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete