Friday, July 1, 2011

fourth of july cupcakes


These are the cupcakes that I baked for the Fourth of July last year.  We were invited to my husband's coworker's house for a party, and I wanted to bring cupcakes.  I decided on making chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  And to make them red white and blue, I decorated them with red and blue stars.


I packed them up in my handy-dandy Cupcake Courier (my favorite way to transport cupcakes, and even cakes!), and off we went!


I haven't decided yet what I'll be making this year - possibly a fruit tart with pastry cream, decorated with blueberries and raspberries?  Or maybe macarons?  Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. These look great, not over done with the icing. Sometimes in an attempt to get all three colors people go to excess. I look forward to see what you make this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I love those sprinkles!! Have a great 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely cupcakes! They look festive and delicious :) Buzzed

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cups cake are gorgeous! :) Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what you're going to make this year. Wish you and your family a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look just perfect. almost too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete