Friday, January 30, 2015

hello kitty tortilla chips


I must confess that at first, the only reason I made these was to use up a giant bag of tortillas that I had in the fridge. It was Superbowl weekend (Superbowl 2014, that is. Yes, that's how long it's taken me to post this), and so I thought I would make my tortillas into yummy cinnamon-sugar crisps for us to snack on. So I found this recipe from Martha Stewart and kind of adapted it. They came out really good! And they were super easy to make!


I started by brushing olive oil (instead of butter) on both sides of my tortillas, and placing them all in a single stack. Then I cut them into wedges, arranged them on my baking sheet, and sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar.


Then I baked them at 375F for about 10 minutes, and they came out crispy and delicious. So simple!


I still had more tortillas to use up, so I thought I would make a batch of just plain salted baked tortilla chips. Even more simple! And still delicious!


Now if you've been following my blog, you already know that I often suddenly decide to make things Hello Kitty, such as these Hello Kitty macarons so many years ago, or these Hello Kitty meringue cookies, Hello Kitty pocket pies, and even these Hello Kitty tartlets! (I could name so many more, but the list would go on and on ...)

So ... I got the idea to use a cookie cutter to cut out Hello Kitty shaped tortilla pieces, instead of cutting them into wedges!!!


I'll admit that after baking them, the details of Hello Kitty's face because a little bit distorted from all the bubbling in the tortillas.


But in my opinion, they still came out adorable!


Happy Superbowl weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The abysmal you dig into the content and communicate us the precise aggregation is appreciable.
    Hello Kitty

    ReplyDelete