Saturday, October 23, 2010

hello kitty cake pops


Wow!  My "hello kitty" cupcakes somehow made it on to the Cupcakes Take The Cake blog!  I love that blog!  I'm not even sure how they found them, since I didn't submit anything?  They also showed up on Cakeology too!  Awesome!  I'm stoked.  Pleasantly surprised.  Excited to make more things Hello Kitty.

Can you tell that I have a slight obsession with Hello Kitty?

Which leads me to these cake pops I made a while back.  I started reading Bakerella's blog after seeing her on Martha Stewart's cupcake week, and have been drooling over her creations ever since.  This was my attempt at her "hello kitty" cake pops, while practicing for the wedding cake pops I was going to make for K and C.  


Next time I need to use a light-colored cake though - you can see the chocolate cake peeking out from underneath the white chocolate!  Hello Kitty is also missing her whiskers - oops!  My edible ink pen wasn't working out on the chocolate.

Here's a picture of one of the many casualties below.  But don't worry, it still tasted great! :)


6 comments:

  1. I wanna try these for my hello kitty birthday cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried some months ago to make my first Hello Kitty cake pops http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifeelcook/5824696274/in/set-72157626680836477
    Cake pops are so cute!!! I love yours.
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @IFeelCook - great job! they look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! For the whiskers, you can use black sprinkles. I find that Foodwriter pens don't work so well on cake pops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umhhh... looks like decapitated Hello Kitty on a pole...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @HannyNanny - haha, thanks. maybe next time i'll make a hello kitty body to go with it?

      Delete